Friday, July 13, 2007

Tessie



I am going to take a quick minute and post.
I have been married to my wonderful husband, Bill, for 15 years. We live in Payson Utah. We like it here. It is small but growing. We will probably spend the rest of our lives here. We both still have family out in the Basin so we return to visit occasionally. But the longer we are here the more Payson feels like home.
We are the parents of 3 beautiful children. Our oldest daughter, Camille is 11 going on 25. She is out to conquer the world. She already knows everything and isn’t afraid to tell you that she does. Our next daughter is Careasa. She just turned eight. She is the peace maker of the family,
she will gladly give up the last piece of candy or a toy just to make the other child happy. If the world were full of people like Careasa it would be a much better place. Caiden is our little guy.
He is five, soon to be six. He says the cutest things. He keeps us laughing all of the time.
He wants to be just like his Daddy.
I have spent the past years being a stay at home mom taking care of my family. I love
being a mom. It keeps me busy taking the kids to all of their activities. They are involved in
softball, baseball, piano, orchestra, track, soccer, basketball and their varied church activities, just to name a few. It seems like the list never ends. People tell me I should limit how many activities they can participate in, but I remember that being involved probably kept me out of a lot of trouble when I was younger. Besides I like to watch them play. I do require that they keep their grades up in order to participate. At our house a "B" on the report card stands for "Below The Mark" They are smart kids and we expect them to show it. As long as they keep their grades up I will keep driving them around to their many activities.
Caiden, my baby, starts kindergarten this fall. I went back to school last summer to renew my teaching certificate. This fall I will be teaching 6th grade at Barnett Elementary. I feel really blessed to be teaching there because it is the school where my kids attend. I’m excited to teach. I am a little nervous, and a lot busy preparing my lesson plans and my classroom. The summer is slipping by fast.
I also spend a lot of time fulfilling my church calling. I am currently serving as the
Primary president in my ward. We have a lot of children in our ward. It is a busy calling but I am enjoying it.
I am happy. Life has been good to me. I look forward to seeing you all in August.
Love, Tessie




6 comments:

Tonilinn said...

Hi Tessie, It is so great to see your post on here. You have a beautiful family which I can see that you love very much. You sound busy especially getting ready to teach 6th grade. Wish that I could see you at the reunion, but my Mom is really sick, and I dont dare to be too far away from her at this time. Another thing is on August 11th I will be going through the temple which is so exciting. Take care...

Bonnie said...

Hi Tessie,
I was so excited to see your picture, you have a beautiful family, my little girl is the same age as your son, she just finished kindergarten in June and she is looking forward to " grade one" as they call it in Canada. I have seen your Mom the last time I was in Duchesne which was about 4 years ago. I wish I was going to the reunion in August but I am just to far away. bye for now.

leslie said...

Hi neighber,

When we moved to Duchesne I was five. We pulled down to my uncle leons. I took one look at Lynn and Andy, I was not staying, and would not get out of the car. The only way mom got me out of the car she seen you and laura and told me I could go play with you. You was my first Duchesne friend.

Leslie

Cynthia said...

Tessie, it's great to finally see you here! You have been busy. Sixth grade will be interesting to teach, especially since it's part of the elementary this year (instead of middle school, like it has been in Nebo District forever). My "middle" child will be in sixth grade next year. (My cousin is the secretary at Barnett.) I'll plan on seeing you in a few weeks!

Joni said...

Tessie,
Beautiful family, good for you.
Can't wait to see you.

Danen Lott said...

Tessie,

Where were you? You missed a great time. Fill us in as to what happened.

-Danen