Thursday, May 24, 2007

Jessup Funny Farm (Lisa Paulson)




I'm not sure if "Jessup Funny Farm" is the most accurate description of our family's state of mind or our livelihood. You decide!
I have been married to my husband Eric for almost 19 years, and we own 250 acres of land in Adamsville (Beaver). We have about 100 dairy cows, 3 ducks ( 1 recently deceased after our foster care meeting, but that's another story). We have a bunny, a few wild cats, and 2 neighborhood dogs that think our home is theirs. We have lots of farm vehicles but never seem to have anything that runs.
Our state of mind stems from a choice we made 3 years ago to learn about foster care. We loved the classes and decided to give it a try. We got a 1 1/2 yr. old boy and his 3 yr. old sister 2 years ago. We had forgotten how hard and fun small children are. These 2 broke us in very fast as they are extremely hyper active, not shy, and outspoken. Things didn't work out for them to return home, so we adopted them last April. They keep us on our toes, and we have learned to not get so embarrased by what they say and do. For instance, the following comments came out of their precious mouths about the people in front of us in the check out line: "Mom, That lady's a jerk, huh?" "Mom, why'd that guy color all over himself?" (Tatooes) They never talk quietly either. Then just before Christmas, foster care said they needed a home for a baby for a short time. We took him and are happy to be adopting him in 2 weeks. He has been sick a lot and broke his arm for his 1st birthday, just as guests were arriving.
So now we are experiencing diapers and bottles with our youngest and driving, planning for a mission and college with our oldest. My husband says he's glad he didn't build our house any bigger, because then I would want more children.
I love my husband and children and am so glad to be a mother. I love being home with the little ones; Although, I am somewhat crazy half of the time. My other children are growing up fast. Ashton will be a Senior next year. Shalisha will be a Sophomore. Jenessa is going into 6th grade. Sharlee is 5 yrs. old. Jayton is 3, and Briston is 1.
I'm not very good with the computer, as you have probably already guessed from my blank messages. So hopefully this will work. If I'm really lucky, I'll figure out how to put this and pictures on the web sight. Danen said this is really easy. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!

10 comments:

Tonilinn said...

Hi Lisa, I hope that you can figure a way to get your post on here so we can see what you look like, and what you have been up to. I hope to see you soon...

Cynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia said...

Lisa, you are amazing--no wonder I didn't get a Christmas card from you this past year! (or did you skip me on purpose? :) I can hardly imagine raising the "two" families that you have, but you've got the best of both worlds--sweet little ones to cuddle, and older, responsible ones to help out. I hope! (How is Janessa handling all this?) I hope to see you at the reunion.

Danen Lott said...

I moved that over for you so we could find you. I couldn't remember how to spell your last name, sorry. Yell at me if it is wrong. If you want to add pictures, please do, you can email them to me or click on the little pencil by your comments (you have to be signed in). Click on the little icon that looks like a picture and then follow the instructions. Or.. just send them to me. It was great to talk to you on the phone. I look forward to seeing that family of yours.

Tonilinn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leslie said...

Hi MY Lisa, So glad to see you decided to get online. Hope the kids are doing great!!!!

I went to Bryans graduation the other night!!!!

Miss you, Hope to see you at the reunion.

Delena said...

Lisa, your a great person to take on your new kids. It sounds like your handling things well, and i'm sure that your a great mom! I enjoyed reading about what you've been up to. I hope to talk to you soon, or see you at the reunion. Take care!!

Corinne :) said...

wOw Wow!!!!! I THOUGHT MY LIFE WAS CRAZY!!! I ADMIRE YOUR ABILITY TO BE SO DEDICATED. YOUR CHILDREN ARE BLESSED TO BE IN SUCH A GREAT HOME!!

Tonilinn said...

Hi Lisa, It is so great to see your family photos on here. You have a beautiful family. Take care...

Lori said...

Lisa,
I never realized how much I missed your constant smile and your beautiful personality until I saw your picture again.
You are an amazing woman with a spirit to match.
God bless you and your husband for all you do.
Hope to see you next weekend