Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I'm honored to be asked...(Kathryn Hudson)

If the picture is a bit scary, I strongly apologize!

I am a sex columnist (hope that doesn't shock too many people--I'm just being honest) for Gutter Magazine and this was a photo shoot for the first issue. My friend, Jim Lucio, was the photographer and the theme was "Fashion Rehab."

I was pleasantly surprised to find an e-mail in my inbox from Danen. I've missed my days in Duchesne. Even when my folks packed us up and moved to Roosevelt, my heart was back in the crimson hills next to the Strawberry River and Rte 40.

I moved to Baltimore in 1989. Met my ex-husband and went to broadcasting school. Now I'm divorced and working in radio as a voice-over artist and marketing genius. In my free time, I am a writer. I was a newspaper journalist for several years including a stint as a music journalist, but gave it up to take off six months to write for myself before diving back into radio. I'm even working on a book right now.

I don't have kids, but with science and technology--who knows? I guess dating younger men is as close as I need to get to kids, anyway.

I hope everyone is enjoying life and doing well. I have enjoyed looking at the beautiful families and reading the touching stories of everyone's lives. It makes me wonder why I was in such a hurry to leave!

Favorite memories of Duchesne for me include the first time I met Kenny Purdy in the lunchroom of our elementary school. He made me laugh so hard, milk almost came out of my nose. I have fond memories of being chased by Danen and Paul Spencer around the playground--they found bugs and would chase me with them to hear my horror movie star scream. I'll also never forget meeting the Covington sisters and realizing they felt like my own sisters.

It's too bad I couldn't have graduated with you guys--but I do hold you all in my heart. Please feel free to write!


7 comments:

Tonilinn said...

Hi Kathy, I miss you too, and have fond memories of you, and your sister. It is so great to read what you have been up too. I am glad that you are doing well. I hope to see you soon... Love, Tonilinn

Delena said...

Hi Kathy. I'm so amazed and happy to see that you fulfilled the dreams that you were wanting to go after in high school. Your still beautiful inside and out, as you always were. I hope to be close to you once again and never lose touch this time. Talk to you soon!

Tom Burdick said...

Now that's a great Post.

kim said...

Hi Kathy! I want to switch lives with you for a while.Compared to you- my life is ordinary and very boaring!
It was good to see your pictures,you look so good! Are you planning to come to the reunion? I hope so!

Fay said...

Kat, I was wondering about you and I'm glad Danen found you. Oh the good old days, it's hard to believe that it has been 20 of them. Good to see you and hope you will be able to attend the reunion. take care.

Cheers

Delena said...

Hey girl! I hope you had a great Birthday last week. I think the picture you posted on here is awesome! I vote it as being the best one so far.

Corinne :) said...

Wow.... It took a bit to recognize u. Great post!!!!