Sunday, May 6, 2007

Cindy's update




I'm famous for checking up on my family's website, reading everything new, but not taking the time to post anything because life is so crazy. Same here: it's been fun catching up on everyone, but now it's my turn to post! I've been married almost 17 years, have six kids ages 15 to 5 (including twins), have lived in the southern part of Utah County for the last 13 years, and feel very spoiled to be where I am. I am a mom, and that says it all. This past year I have (1) seen the last of my ten siblings married, (2) reached the point where I can understand why parents finally allow their oldest child to drive (I need another chauffeur!), (3) entered the world of adolescent orthodontia, (4) continued to fool people into thinking I've got the young women's youth program in our ward under control (it's as much work as I ever thought it would be, but I love it), (5) found myself being pulled against my will into actually contemplating using my math degree to rescue the students (mine included) here from the effects of inadequate math instruction. Yikes. When I have time to breathe, I have spent parts of the last several years playing volleyball and basketball, running, growing a garden, working on the backyard, reading my guts out, learning to play the piano, and sewing. I am looking forward to a reunion in Duchesne--my kids haven't been there since my dad retired in 2003 and my family moved away.

5 comments:

Tonilinn said...

Hi Cindy, Busy Mom you are... I have been there, done that, plus worked, so I know how it is. Cute family! I hope to see you soon.

StanPierce said...

Cindy,
Beautiful family! As 'mom', you do the most important work.

P

Delena said...

Hey Cindy. It's great to see what you've been up to. I'm trying to figure out how you do it all with having 6 kids. I have 4, and its hard to keep up with everything. Hope to see you soon.

Danen Lott said...

Beautiful family, it is was good to talk to you on the phone.

Fay said...

Cindy, you are one of a few of us so far that has not changed much. You have a nice little family. I'ts good to see you again hope to see you at the reunion.

Cheers